In Web Design Less Can Be More
Websites that have an overpowering design or are crowded with content make it difficult for consumers to find what they are looking for and absorb the content. A clear and simple web design can improve the user experience which will lead to increased sales.
Top Tips for a User Friendly Website:
- A site with simple design and code loads more quickly.
- Simple code is easier to de-bug, this decreases any downtime.
- Simple web designs utilize server space and bandwidth more efficiently. This equates to a more economical operating cost which comes in especially useful if you have lots of visitors!
- Simple navigation means less time visitors waste on having to filter through the clutter on your page and the more likely they will stay on your site. Look at some tips here.
At the end of the day, people will get frustrated with an over cluttered site. If someone does end up on your site don’t scare them away with heavy content and visaully overpowering designs! If you have any web design questions, get in touch and we can help you out.
Why not consider using an experienced and professional company like this web design agency based in Birmingham? Their expertise will ensure that your website is the best it can be both visually and functionally. Check out their website here.
Website maintenance is an on-going task and will require constant updating and editing to keep your content fresh and your clients coming back to see what is new.
Here are some key signs that your website is in need of updating!
- Your site no longer appears in search engine results such as Google or Bing. SEO campaigns are important.
- Visitors regularly contact you with queries that could have been answered on your site.
- Your website takes a while to load and is generally slow.
- Graphic design is dated – get some fresh graphic design ideas here.
- Images and text are broken, won’t load, or are out of place.
- Text on your site has been created with images, rather than HTML.
Business websites should also include interactive features such as:
Your website acts as a gateway to your business. It can often be the first and only impression that consumers will have with your brand.
It is a reflection upon you and your business; therefore, it should display clearly what services you offer.